July 20, 2014

How I Broke My Leg

Hey all! It's good to be back after taking some time off to move. My room still isn't totally blog-ready yet - my dad is building an addition onto our house that will include my room! So basically, I get to design a new room for myself with my dad. Cool, huh? 

In the meantime, let me show you how my first time exploring the back yard in our new house didn't go so well!

I laid out in the grass, enjoying the hot weather we've been having here in the valley lately.


Ahhh, I thought. I just love playing in my new backyard!


As I laid in the grass, I thought of all the fun things I could do in my yard! The trees in the yard looked so big and shady. I wondered if I could get up in the branches and relax for awhile...


This tree looks pretty sturdy, I thought.


Yes, definitely sturdy!


I felt around the tree, looking for a good spot to grip.


I thought, This spot will do nicely! I started to climb the tree...


"Wow!" I exclaimed, seeing how high I'd climbed already.



I can go a little higher and get to the fork in the branches, I thought, and started to reach for the branch.


But then something started going terribly wrong! I lost my grip on the tree, and felt myself falling backwards! Oh no!



"AHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed. Falling is super scary, especially when you don't know where you're going to land!


I landed on the ground with a loud thud. "Ouch!"


"OWWWWWW!" I yelled as I laid on the ground in pain.


I sat up slowly, trying not to hurt myself again. My leg was killing me!


I reached tentatively for my leg, which was laying at kind of a funny angle. Uh oh...


"This isn't good!" I said to myself.


"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! HELP!" I yelled.

Then my Mom and Dad took me to the doctor to get my leg looked at.


The nurses put me in a hospital gown, and sat me down in a wheelchair. I tried not to cry, but my leg hurt really bad! Soon, the doctor came and put a cast on my leg. He said I broke it falling out of the tree! My Mom and Dad were mad I was climbing trees but they were glad I was okay - well, except for my leg!


Some of the nurses signed my cast for me! That made me feel a little better.


The doctor told me to wait while they got my crutches, and then I could go home. 


The nurses brought me my crutches and showed me how to walk with them. This broken leg business was serious stuff!




"I think I've got it!" I said to my Mom and Dad.


My Mom helped me change back into my clothes and out of the hospital gown, and back into the wheelchair so they could take me to the car to go home.


...And that's how I broke my leg! I was really mad at myself for being so silly and thinking I should climb a tree by myself. The doctor says it will take around 6 weeks for my leg to heal! Geeze! That's such a long time! I hope it gets better before my camping trip with my friend, Lanie. We'll just have to see...

Have you ever broken a bone? Did it take a long time to heal? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I have never broken a leg, but I hope yours heals quickly so you can go camping. If I lived closer I would sign your cast!
    ~ Kiki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kiki! I wish you could sign my cast too! :)

      -Charlie

      Delete